Oct 8, 2015
- James Gurney talks about:
- How John Steinbeck, Charles Kuralt, and a hobo named Bud
inspired James to spend three months traveling across the U.S.
- The lasting impression of James' art on young minds and how one
fan grew up to be a paleontologist and named a dinosaur after
James: Torvosaurus gurneyi
- The criteria James uses to decide what projects to work on:
"Find the work I have the most fun doing, work with the people I
really enjoy hanging with and then figure out how to make a
business out of that."
- Why James thinks right now is the best time to be an artist and
how he uses new technology to reach current fans and create new
- Why reading every day is important to James' work.
- How his artist blog, Gurney Journey sparks James'
- James' advice on how to develop an original vision.
** Support the podcast **
Savvy Painter is a labor of love. It takes significant resources to
keep it going, if you find inspiration or value in the Savvy
Painter interviews, please consider making a modest donation to
show your support: http://savvypainter.com/support